If you like Cajun music and want to get together with folks to play this kind of music, get in touch with me to have your name added to the PDX Cajun Jam Session list. You will receive invitations to the monthly jam (third Sunday, 1-3:30pm at various homes in the Portland area). The PDX Cajun Jam session is a free community event intended to foster enjoyment and sharing of Cajun music. It moves from Laissez les bons temps rouler, cher!
– sessions are free and open to folks who are on the session e-mail list (to join, contact me with a request to join this session);
– sessions are for folks who already know how to play their instrument (not for brand new players);
– folks with fiddles, accordions, acoustic guitars, washboards, triangles are all welcome;
– tunes are usually played several times through (unlike the Irish or Cape Breton sessions where tunes are only played 2-3 times) so that folks can really get their fingers around new tunes and/or enjoy playing the heck out of ones they know;
– participants are encouraged to bring snacks and/or beverages to share (we want this to be a social event!)